So, you can start your preparation by following some basic rules.
SSC CGL 2019 is of the biggest competitive exams that are being conducted in our country. The exam collects a big crowd of youngsters who want to get settled in Govt. jobs. Clearing the exam is not an easy task but if prepared with accurate guidelines, the competition can be won.
- First and Foremost deeply understand the Exam Pattern and its marking pattern so that you can get the idea.
- Keep the syllabus with you before you start studying any topic.
- You must have to pick accurate books to clear your concepts. You can also try online study materials.
- Most importantly, you must have practice papers such as previous question papers with you, or you can join online test series. You can refer our blog on how to extract maximum from previous papers at https://allpreviouspapers.com/how-to-extract-maximum-from-previous-years-papers/
- Candidates should know the previous cutoffs because it will help you prepare well.
- Make reading newspaper as your daily routine. It will help you to keep update with Current Affairs.
You need to have complete knowledge of SSC Syllabus and focus your study only on that topics as SSC doesn’t ask any question from out of syllabus.
Clear your basics first.
Books you need to follow for SSC Preparation:
- RS Agarwal for basic.
- Kiran’s Previous year book.(It includes questions of previous years topic wise which have been asked in SSC exams)
- No need to purchase any more book. Revise only these two books as many times as you can. You won’t clear SSC exam if you study 10 books only one time. You need to focus on few books, but those few books must be on your tips.
- PS: Make notes of difficult questions and revise those questions regularly.
- Mirror of Common Error by Ashok Kumar Singh (For rules it is a good book)
- SP Bakshi
- For Synonyms and Antonyms: Word Power made Easy By Norman Lewis
- Kiran’s previous year book of English
- Plinth to Paramount By Neetu Singh (Vol 1)
- For reasoning there is no need to purchase any book. Just solve Mock test and you will sail through the reasoning section.
- Reasoning of SSC is very easy.
- If you have time then start from NCERT because everything comes from NCERT only.
- Make short notes as well of some important points which you should revise daily and after some time you can revise those notes on weekly and then on 15 days basis.
- Solve previous year papers.
And at last, Keep giving mocks and analyse your score. Find out the areas in which you are getting less marks and strengthen those areas.
- Collect important essay topics from internet.
- 151 Essay By SC Gupta:- Read essay from this book and you will get ideas how to proceed and conclude in any essay.
- Most important part: Write essay and get it checked by your friends and ask them to find mistakes as well as add their points in that.
All the Best!!